Do you find sometimes that you are pretty happy and energetic until suddenly your energy, enthusiasm and positive outlook disappears out of nowhere?
Humans are electromagnetic beings, so no matter what your belief, it is universally accepted that as energetic beings we must interact with other energetic beings on some level whilst only in their presence.
There are some people who you can be around who simply make you feel good for no reason, people in your life who can say a word, give a smile or send a message which instantly boosts your mood. However, there are also people who can drain us of our energy in the blink of an eye, people who can make you feel negative, lack luster or downright miserable just by being around them.
Usually unintentionally, these people act like psychic vampires, seeking out people with higher energy levels and feeding off their energy to keep them going, unfortunately when this happens, it depletes your energy in no time at all.
So what do you do about this? How do you protect your own energy?
1. First of all, do you need to be around this person? If it’s a friend, what are you really getting from this relationship? Do they always leave you feeling negative? If so, it may sound harsh, but cut them out! A relationship should be a positive thing, it should be reciprocal and it should leave you feeling good about yourself and the world.
This is of course not always easy if the person is a close family member or boss so you may need to employ different strategies.
2. Use the Force! Well not in a Star Wars kind of way but we have the ability to create a protective shield around ourselves with our energy. Just follow the below steps:
- Sit quietly and take a few slow deep breaths
- Notice your feet firmly planted on the ground
- When you have stilled your mind, imagine beautiful white light coming down from above you
- Imagine this light coming into your whole body from the top of your head and moving down throughout every part of you until it shines out of you.
- In your mind, ask that this light protects you for the highest good against any negative energies.
- Stay in the place for as long as feels comfortable before you begin to bring your awareness back to your body.
- Carry on your day as normal reminding yourself every now and then that you are protected.
3. Use a Crystal. Labradorite is an amazingly protective crystal stone which you can carry around with you or just when you know you may be dealing with difficult people.
4. It’s not about you! Remember that however anyone treats you is ALWAYS about them. Once you can get this firmly in your mind, you start to react differently when someone behaves in a way which you would normally find hurtful or upsetting.
5. Meditate. I cannot recommend meditation enough, it is the single most important act we can all carry out to make a positive change in our emotional, physical and spiritual well being. By meditating, you go within and you will find that any negative emotions, feelings, words begin to become less meaningful to you.
6. Use affirmations. A simple mantra can help you switch off and stop carrying other people’s energy. By regularly reminding yourself ‘It’s not about me’ or saying a positive affirmation such as ‘I am a happy, energetic person’ will ensure that your levels are kept high.
7. Make positive choices. Begin each day with a positive affirmation and a choice to have a positive happy day. Treat yourself to some Reiki which will remove negative energy trapped within you and as much as possible, make the choice to spend your time with people who make you feel great.